Product Designer – Technical Products
We have an amazing opportunity for a talented Product Designer to join our technical design team based at Rip Curl’s global head office in Torquay, Victoria.
Reporting to the Senior designer for Equipment, the primary responsibility of this position is to design and develop backpacks, travel bags, utility bags and wallets for our technical range.
You will ideally have a minimum of two years’ experience in equipment development or be experienced in accessory design and have an Industrial Design qualification. Proficiency in Adobe Suite is required (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and solid graphics skills are also a strong advantage.
- Design and development of product shapes and detailing
- Working through multiple prototypes to achieve great functional product
- Focus on product finish, detailing and setting design standards
- Attention to quality and consistency
- Work on global trims programs and branding across all product groups
- Work closely with supplier to commercialize concepts
- Strong communication skills for suppliers and other regions
- Produce high detailed specifications for product
- Effectively document and communicate sample comments
- Contribute to special projects on multiple categories
- Solid understanding for fabric construction, finishes and relevant treatments
- Assist the senior designer in the completions of ranges
- Ability to present to a group
A passion for surf and its lifestyle is essential. You must possess the drive and initiative to design both commercial and directional material for people on the Search. In this position you will be working with a team of experienced technical product designers, and therefore this role will provide the perfect opportunity for you to continue to learn and develop whilst designing quality product for our customers.
Working for Rip Curl offers a fun, dynamic, creative environment and the unique opportunity to combine a lifestyle and career within the surfing industry, working for an iconic global brand!
If you are the person we’re searching for to make an impact in this creative role then please forward your application letter, resume and folio to [email protected] by 13th October, 2017.
Rip Curl is the ultimate surfing company. Born at Bells Beach and loved world-wide, the Brand is rich in history and a dynamic market leader in action sports. The Search is a lifestyle and Rip Curl makes products that best suit the needs of those who live it.
To be eligible for an interview you must meet the above criteria. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For more information about the company visit www.ripcurl.com.au