The Editorial Producer will be skilled at the content creation techniques that power leading digital media brands, and responsible for daily content creation and publishing to the World Surf League’s digital platforms. World Surf League digital content will focus on video and multimedia storytelling but will include a variety of content formats including video news, written, photo and illustrative. This role reports directly into the VP, Editorial and is an integral and essential member of the larger WSL Content team. This role will be working out of our Australian office located in Coolangatta.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Work as a key member of the Editorial team to create daily content and maintain a distinct World Surf League voice.
- Identification and development of compelling storylines for core and aspirational fans.
- Write scripts, clear footage and help produce our daily video news product.
- Cover WSL events and program O+O platforms with relevant information before, during and after live competition.
- Produce episodic video packages using content available from the World Surf League library, other contributing video partners and original productions.
- Write compelling headlines, descriptions and articles.
- Create diversified visual assets for content display across digital and social platforms.
- Work closely with World Surf League’s video production and shared studio operations.
- Create editorial packages to meet marketing and partnership needs.
- Direct efforts within the team to identify and test new, innovative ways to drive program performance and stay informed on the latest digital content innovations.
- Cover the gap in time zones between WSL HQ in Los Angeles and the WSL Australia office.
- Work occasionally during non-traditional hours and on some weekends.
- 5+ years experience as an online content producer, editor or other digital media position within action sports and lifestyle content.
- Well versed in surf culture and insatiable drive for breaking stories.
- Able to operate within web-based content management systems.
- High degree of competence using video editing tools including Adobe Premiere.
- Comfortable and capable at manipulating image and video files.
- Competent and active in social media.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time – sometimes internationally – while on assignment.
- Able to interpret and respond to analytics.
- Organized and detailed workflow skills are a must.
- Experience working in a live event environment.
- Comfort working across global time zones.
- Desire to work on diverse projects simultaneously and to shift gears on short notice.
- Deep business experience with related surf/action/adventure sports media experience is critical.
- Above all, integrity and honesty
- Entrepreneurial; willingness to work independently with the best business practices in mind
- An exceptional work ethic
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Masterful organizational skills
- An enthusiasm for coaching, teaching and the development of people
- Optimism and energy for the brand and its future
- An open and collaborative nature
- A high degree of self-awareness of one’s own personal style, strengths and weaknesses and motivational triggers.
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available.
Applications Close 5pm AEST Friday 6th September 2019
Please note, the recruitment process for this position is being driven by the HR Department at the World Surf League head office in Santa Monica, LA United States.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Apply direct from this link >>