Surfing Participation & Workforce Manager
About Surfing Australia
Surfing Australia is the national governing body for surfing (including short board, long board, stand up paddle boarding and bodyboarding) and exists to ensure a seamless and fulfilling participation pathway for surfers of all ages and stages. The organisation is the link to international surfing pathways including the International Surfing Association and operates in a federated model with 6 State associations.
The organisation’s purpose is to create a happier and healthier Australia, through surfing.
About the role:
Australia has a vast workforce & network supporting surfers of all ages and abilities, including more than 3000 coaches, 500 judges, event officials and administrators operating through a network of 110 surf schools, over 200 board rider clubs. This collective workforce is responsible for supporting over 500,000 surfers each year through learn to surf programs right through to elite programs and World Tour events. Surfing Australia is considered a global leader in the education of the surfing workforce, particularly in the areas of coaching and judging, the resources for which are delivered world wide in partnership with the International Surfing Federation.
Surfing Australia has created this newly established position to provide meaningful systems and processes to enable, support and incentivise this workforce to deliver exceptional surf coaching, judging, participant experiences and pathways.
The Surfing Participation & Workforce Manager will be responsible for establishing and maintaining insights into the workforce and industry and planning for its support and growth. They will work in conjunction with technical advisors in areas including coaching, judging, business administration and more, to deliver support, education and performance programs. As such, this role will be instrumental in improving the collective recruitment, development and engagement of the surfing workforce in Australia and in raising the bar of surfing experiences nationally. They will also drive the development of platforms to achieve this globally.
In this newly created position the successful applicant will be a visionary for surfing delivery support across all ages and stages of the surfer’s recreational journey as well as competitive pathway through to elite.
They will bring contemporary and progressive thinking about how to create meaningful change in surfing delivery, combined with the knowhow and marketing skills to drive, scale and sell this to a vast audience and network.
They will be an outstanding team contributor, accustomed to operating in fast-paced, high pressure environments and passionate about creating a happier and healthier Australia, through surfing.
This is a full-time role, to be based at Surfing Australia’s Head Office / High Performance Centre in Casuarina, Northern NSW.
The salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s skills and experience. Candidates who do not meet a large portion of the below skills need not apply.
- Knowledge of best practice as it relates to workforce and industry development
- Understanding of contemporary education approaches including mentoring systems
- Experience in the design and implementation of online education programs
- Understanding of contemporary user journeys & target setting
- Sales & marketing experience
- Digital naitive with experience in CRM system design, construction & management
- A growth mindset, with a willingness and ability to continually upskill and innovate
- Appreciation and understanding of risk management and business process
- A passion for surfing, understanding the surf industry and the needs and culture of surfers
- Ability to manage complex projects across multiple business units and organisations
- Ability to drive meaningful and high impact community consultation processes
Examples of upcoming initiatives at Surfing Australia
- Re-design the surf coaching system, content & management in Australia
- Design & launch the new CRM system for surf schools, surf memberships, board riders clubs, coaches & judges
- Co-design the new high-performance surf manager content & training program in Australia
Applications close at 5pm Wednesday the 31stof January 2019 and must include a covering letter addressing your motivation, suitability, relevant experience and qualifications for the role, along with your CV. Please direct all applications and queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whilst we would like the chance to talk to all applicants, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.