● Transform business-wide finance, operations & technology systems
● Not for profit, national sporting organisation
● Based in Casuarina, Northern NSW
This newly created role will work cross functionally to develop, drive and oversee the delivery of new and ongoing operating, financial and technological efficiencies and performance improvements.
About Surfing Australia:
Surfing Australia is a National Sporting Organisation (NSO) that was formed in 1963 to establish, guide and promote the development of surfing within Australia. Surfing Australia’s purpose is to create a happier and healthier Australia through surfing. SA is the representative body on the International Surfing Association (ISA) of which there are 100+ member countries and is recognised by the Australian Sports Commission (ASC), the Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) and is a member of the Water Safety Council of Australia.
Surfing is a newly appointed Olympic sport, aiming for medal success in Tokyo 2020. To support this focus, along with podium success in World Championship Tour (WCT) / World Qualifying Series (WQS) events, SA has established a world class High Performance team and facility supporting Australian athletes to become the world’s best surfers and people.
Parallel to this is our sport development pathway fostering participation programs including SurfGroms, juniors, national surf schools, boardriders clubs, community development and inclusion programs. Surfing Australia drives the majority of its revenue through its partnership portfolio and digital business included its owned content platform www.mysurf.tv.
About the role:
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the Board of Directors and Leadership Team, in addition to working directly with Sport Australia and Federated bodies, the position will manage a diverse range of corporate functions including:
● Financial control and strategic financial planning
● Legal, risk, governance, compliance and insurance
● Business planning and strategic performance
● Procurement, contract management and leasing
● Technology and automation of business functions
● Working in a fast paced, and often complex multi-discipline grassroots and high performance sport environment
● Working in and driving change within a restricted resource environment
● Working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and varying agendas
● Balancing corporate and operational requirements within a non-traditional sport culture
● Excellent communication skills
● Proven ability to make well considered decisions quickly and drive change as required
● Strong influencing skills to achieve desired outcomes across a diverse range of stakeholder groups
● Flexible approach with the ability and desire to be “hands on” and involved in the detail as required
● Strong passion for surfing and the related community, lifestyle and culture of the sport
● Embody the values of Surfing Australia
● Highly involved member of the team
● Continuous learner
● Positive, strong and high energy
● Ability to quickly develop strong work relationships with internal and external stakeholders
● Honest and open approach
● Strong work ethic and integrity
The role is based in our Surfing Australia Head Office / High Performance Center in Casuarina, NSW and may require some weekend work and occasional domestic travel.
If you want to join a business full of passionate, energetic and hardworking individuals, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role with Surfing Australia and why this is your next career move.
Please direct all queries to email@example.com
We thank everyone in advance for their application for the role, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.