Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer
Closing Date: Thursday 25th October
Position type: Full time position
Location: Based at the Head Office / HPC, Casuarina NSW
Applications to: [email protected]
About Surfing Australia
Surfing Australia (SA) is a National Sporting Organisation (NSO) that was formed in 1963 to establish, guide and promote the development of surfing in Australia.
SA is the representative body on the International Surfing Association (ISA) of which there are 100+ member countries and is recognised by Sport Australia, the Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) and is a member of the Water Safety Council of Australia. Surfing is a newly appointed Olympic sport, aiming for success in Tokyo 2020. Surfing Australia’s purpose is to create a happier and healthier Australia through surfing.
About the role
As the Executive Assistant, you will provide high level administrative support to the CEO including:
- Diary management, scheduling meetings, conferences and travel
- Coordination of Board related activities including meetings, travel, correspondence and reports
- Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute inbox and mail correspondence
- Communication (written and verbal) with internal and external stakeholders
- Creating and proof reading documents, correspondence, reports and presentations
- Providing administration support to members of the Management team
- Additional ad hoc and project work as required
To be successful in this role you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Strong administrative experience with outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Significant experience in an administrative role involving Executive/ Board level reporting, budget and resource management
- Prior experience working in the sports industry would be advantageous
- High level attention to detail, initiative, maturity and professional independence to complete tasks and projects
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and report concise and relevant information, including recommendations based on research and analysis, to stakeholders
- Proven experience in managing day to day responsibilities and short / long term projects
- Demonstrated ability to analyse information, interpret results and produce reports and presentations
Your adaptability, dependability and accountability will ensure you thrive in this fast paced work environment.
Please include a covering letter outlining your motivation and suitability, relevant experience and qualifications for the position, along with your resume before the close date of 5pm Thursday 25th October.
Please apply only if you possess the essential skills and qualifications outlined. While we appreciate all applications received, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview. Please direct queries to [email protected]