Position – Sydney Store Manager
Patagonia International is a global outdoor apparel company that was established in 1973 by a band of climbers and surfers. The business still reflects the same values as its beginnings; with a love of wild and beautiful places, and an agenda to save them, our products have a minimalist style and a bias for simplicity and utility.
We’re an unconventional brand who aims to make a difference through implementing our mission “Build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis”.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate retail store manager to lead our flagship store in Sydney.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the store consistent with the short and long-term goals of the company, its employees, and the local community
- To ensure the store provides the highest level of customer service possible
- Achieving budgeted revenue goals and monitoring expenses
- To uphold our company’s mission and is a voice in the community on environmental and other community issues
- Manage in house services like garment repairers, events, films and environmental NGO support.
- Strong experience in retail management (outdoor or surf experience critical)
- Strong understanding of the local retail landscape with the ability to build lasting customer relationships.
- Alignment with Patagonia’s values and mission
- Demonstrated ability to build, coach and lead effective teams and motivate employees
- A brand advocate who educate and engage customers.
- Willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance
- Ability to give clear directions, set expectations and provide regular feedback for staff
- Knowledge of effective merchandise presentation standards
- Understanding of basic retail concepts (gross margin, markdowns)
- Excel & Word proficient
- Strong initiative and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organisational skills
- Flexibility, ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategy
- Strong problem solving skills
- Personal interest consistent with the Patagonia ethos
- Outdoor & hardware knowledge
- Competitive renumeration package
- A company that is 100% focused on sustainability and the environment
- A company that will develop your leadership and management skills.
- Generous clothing allowance and discount
To learn more about who we are visit www.patagonia.com.au
The position is full-time, 38 hours per week. Weekend work is required.
Apply to [email protected]