Swiss luxury watch brand, Breitling have collaborated with Kelly Slater’s Outerknown with a timepiece that goes beyond date and time. Breitling who have been making watches since 1884 have recently added 3 high profile surfers to their ‘squad on a mission’ – Steph Gilmore, Sally Fitzgibbons and Kelly Slater round out the surf squad and join the likes of Hollywood A-listers, Brad Pitt and Charlize Theron.
The SUPEROCEAN HÉRITAGE II CHRONOGRAPH 44 OUTERKNOWN, retails in Australia for $9,350 with $1000 from each sale being donated to Ocean Conservancy who create science based science-based solutions for a healthy ocean and the wildlife and communities that depend on it.
The watch as a striking black DLC-coated stainless-steel case and a caseback engraved with the distinctive Outerknown logo. The COSC-certified chronological-meter features an ultra hard scratch and shock-resistant unidirectional ceramic bezel with a luminescent central dot at 12’o’clock.
Each timepiece features a NATO strap made of ECONYL yarn, a strong and durable regenerated nylon material created from nylon waist, also used in many pieces from the Outerknown garment line.
Water resistant to 20 bars (200m / 600ft), this divers watch is a powerful statement of style and sustainability and can be purchased from the Outerknown website (US only) and from selected Breitling dealers down under.
From the Outerknown website.
In our short, but vibrant, history we’ve had the honor of working with some celebrated partners. Today, we’re launching a very special collaboration between Outerknown and Breitling — we’re proud to add this timepiece to our brand legacy.
There are watches, and then there’s the SuperOcean Heritage II Chronograph 44 Outerknown. Originally built for deep sea divers in 1957, this heritage Breitling design is newly fortified with our ultra-durable, military-style NATO strap. Each one is woven with ECONYL® nylon, made from recycled fishing nets. This durable statement piece is ready to be deployed, wherever your Outerknown journey takes you.
Since 1884, Breitling has mastered the art of time and pioneered the watchmaking space, and we’re proud to partner with them. With our shared dedication to quality design that transcends generations, we crafted a truly timeless piece. We’re committed to raising awareness for our oceans and driving change — $1000 from each purchase will support Ocean Conservancy, dedicated to protecting our blue planet.
- The striking black DLC-coated stainless steel case is engraved on back with the Outerknown logo.
- Our rugged NATO strap, a style originally introduced in the British Ministry of Defence Standard 66-15, is made of ECONYL® recycled nylon. The dark blue color reflects the watch’s connection to the ocean and is clearly branded with Outerknown’s O< mark.
- The COSC-certified chronometer features an ultra-hard scratch and shock-resistant unidirectional ceramic bezel with a luminescent central dot at the 12 o’clock position — an ideal feature for a diver’s watch.
- The Super-LumiNova® coating on the dot, and the hour and minute hands emits a blue light instead of the standard green.
- The blue dial is distinguished by its matte gray “SuperOcean” inscription.
- The watch is self-winding, powered by the Breitling Caliber 13 mechanical chronograph movement, and water-resistant up to 20 bar (200 meters/660 feet).
- Each watch is presented in packaging made entirely of recycled materials.
- Available to U.S. customers only.